First things first

FIRST VISIT? CLICK HERE ~ FIND US ON PROJECT DIRT ~ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER ~ DISCUSS WITH OTHERS ON OUR YAHOO GROUP

Thursday 30 October 2008

One of the best peak oil 'primers'

In the last post I directed readers to some DVD resources - and again I highly recommend them.

But I realise that that is not a great draw for those who are unconvinced and understandably might not want to go to the expense and effort of ordering them at this stage. And not too helpful for those who are eager to get more information right this minute.

I've been looking for a great, relatively brief introduction to the subject of peak oil, one that explains things clearly in laymen's terms and which answers most of those questions and 'buts' that bubble up in most of us on hearing about this subject.

So here's one of the best I've come across so far: Click here.

It contains a lot of clear graphs and diagrams which really help me to get a handle on the subject - including this one, which, when I first saw a version of it elsewhere, really brought home for me what a strange blip in human history we are living in - and yet one which, because it is many human lifetimes long, seems normal and eternal while you're inside it.



As always, if you would like to get involved in setting up a Transition Westcombe project - it doesn't yet exist! - get in touch at transitionwestcombeATgooglemail.com.

No comments: